Monday, October 5, 2009

Me Time........Finally



What with working with my husband (pays the bills), and doing the longarm quilting for the quilt shop (pays for my habits) and working in the bead shop (only rarely, but it is so much fun), there isn't much time for me to do the things I really love. Namely quilting and making jewelry.




So in the last few days, I caught up on the longarm business, put away the beads and got to work on a fall quilt. My friend, the very talented Isobel, designed a pattern for a pumpkin quilt block for the monthly lock-in that she so graciously organizes. She meant it for the monthly drawing, but it is so cute that I found myself cutting up every orange and black scrap in the house. Now please understand that I am a "serious" quilter. I use mostly reproduction fabrics and traditional patterns. For me to be swept away by a seasonal pattern really says something for the block.




So far, I have cut and partially assembled 40 blocks. 36 for me and 4 for the drawing. Yeah, I got carried away. Feels so good.




1 comment:

Patty said...

Arggh...I want your fabrics! Lovely
stash.